Ryan Frank gives us insights into his amazing skill for productivity.
Busyness vs. Productivity: it’s important to recognize the difference!
Busy Person: Yes to everything
Productive Person: Yes to the rightthings
Busy Person: One long to-do list
Productive Person: Prioritizes the list
Busy Person: “Multitasks”
Productive Person: Single tasks with focus
Tracking your time every 15 minutes for a period helps you see . . .
- where you’re letting distractions make you busy instead of productive.
- people who are time wasters. (They interrupt frequently; put an end to this by scheduling a regular meeting with them and ask them to save up the important things they need to talk with you about.)
Remember that if you don’t choose how you’re going to spend your life, someone else will.
Figure out when you’re at your best. Make sure that you don’t let email or other interruptions happen during that time. Prioritize in order to stay focused . . .
- What are my priorities for the day?
- Who are some people that I need to talk to in order to make the priorities happen?
- What are some things I can do to move forward?
Favorite Productivity Hacks
- Take a walk.
- Eat the frog first (do the hardest thing on your list first).
- Identify when you’re at your best and guard that time to do the important things!
- Master the art of delegation.
- Set aside two 30-minute blocks of time to do email.
- When am I at my best?
- What are my priorities for today?
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Peopleby Stephen R. Covey