Introduction: After you establish a leadership pipeline, it’s time to start organizing training programs for those leaders.
- A leadership pipeline is a framework for leadership development across every area of ministry; at every level of leadership.
- The core aspect of a leadership pipeline is training. How will you move willing and capable people to a higher level of leadership?
- Your training programs should be based on the learner profiles you developed as part of the leadership pipeline.
- Building blocks of the training program:
- Online videos
- Online audio (with slideshow)
- Online testing
- Live discussion groups
- Live training
- Start by working on one training program. Don’t worry about it being perfect—just get started.
- Training does not require any financial resources. It does require time and discipline. Don’t push it to the back burner! Remember: work onyour ministry instead of just init.
- You can only expect what you inspect.
- Have a system that checks to see that people have learned what they needed to learn.
- This shows value for the role and for the person.
- Use a database system or Google spreadsheets to track progress.
- Leadership development sometimes means training for roles that may not exist yet. You may be investing in people for future positions. Just think of that: a waiting list of people to serve!
- If today you were to start a training program for volunteers in one of your ministry areas, which ministry would be your first choice?
- Which training program building blocks do you think would best fit the people serving in that ministry program?